History and Assumptions
- Historical hydrogen production in the industrial park
- Hydrogen was produced here for over 40 years, from 1949 to 1993
- Very advantageous location in Glomfjord Industripark provides a low hydrogen price
- Stable and safe access to affordable power (NO4)
- Lowest net rent in the region
- Established infrastructure provides low operating costs.
- The project is technically very mature.
- Access to power is ensured
- Letter of intent with Yara regarding the sale of oxygen
- The area has been fully regulated
- The project has come a long way in detailed planning.
- Good access to services, which ensures regularity and low operating costs
- Low net rent in Yara's industrial concession
- NEL as a supplier of a turnkey hydrogen production plant
- Leading technology companies as partners in the entire value chain
- Long term solid owners
Briefly explained: The project is very well equipped technically for construction and start-up.
- Glomfjord Hydrogen has received a financial commitment of 150 MNOK in investment support from Enova to establish production of hydrogen
- Hydrogen gas, 8 tonnes/day. Investment: 350 MNOK. Start-up: May 2025